Friday, February 2, 2007

Hi!!

Here is Research Journal 1:

My full name is Lindsay Christin McConnell and I was born on May 16, 1988. I live in Malvern, PA which is about 45 minutes west of Philadelphia. I have lived there my entire life, even in the same house. I have an older brother named Douglas who is 22 and moved to Northern Virginia this past November which is super exciting because he's only about 40 minutes away from campus. My younger brother Drew is 17 and while he liked GW a lot, he will probably be attending Northeastern University in the fall. We're a pretty tall family (Douglas- 6'2", Drew 6'4", and I'm almost 5'10") and since Drew is taller than me, we are constantly asked if we're twins.

In high school, I played soccer, basketball, and lacrosse all four years. I was co-captain of basketball senior year and
my lacrosse team won states junior year so sports were a big part of my life. I was also in National Honor Society and ecology club and some other things that weren't that exciting. Since I've lived in Malvern my whole life I've known one of my best friends since we were 7 and the other since we were 10. With the exception of my friend Leah who goes to Oregon State University, all of my close friends go to school in cities along the east coast: BU, NYU, and Temple. Along with GW, we pretty much have the Northeast covered.

Here at GW I'm majoring in International Affairs and will probably concentrate in International Politics. I might minor in French, depending on how things go. I'm going to be a STAR which means you'll probably see me around campus walking backwards with a bunch of parents and prospectives. Since I'm not playing any sports here I have a lot more free time than I used to and so I now have several TV shows I love including House, Grey's Anatomy, The Office (I started watching this over break and love it), and Prisonbreak among others. My guilty pleasures on TV are pretty much anything on MTV. I recently discovered "Engaged and Underage" which is awesomely bad and thus hysterical. Some of my favorite movies are The Boondock Saints, Step Up, 10 Things I Hate About You, American History X, and Love and Basketball. This is not at all exhaustive though, since as my friends will attest my dvd collection is our own Blockbuster. Brand New, Something Corporate, Taking Back Sunday, OAR, and Dispatch are some of my favorite bands. I think that rounds out my favorites. As I am from outside Philly, I am a big fan of the Phillies (my favorite player Chase Utley sadly just got married) and Eagles. Villanova is my favorite basketball team, next to GW's of course. I think that pretty much covers it.

The blog I'm tracking is http://notafeministbut.blogspot.com/ who is a pro-choice, feminist blogger. It will definitely be interesting to read.

-Lindsay

3 comments:

caroline said...

Good opening post. You did a nice job of giving your reader a sense of who you are. Also, you included all the links! Nice work.

L said...

Hi Lindsay,

Oooo, you're tracking my blog! I'm intrigued as to why...?

Also, I'm not sure why you think I'm a quasi-feminist rather than a feminist - perhaps you could explain?!

Good luck with whatever it is you're doing anyways - my email ad is on my profile if you need any info etc.

Laura

laura said...

Uh! I am so jealous that your blog lady loves you... mine doesn't even post regularly... must be because you are a superior blogger... good work!

PS: I Love your Autobiography... you should go public with this... oh wait?

PPS: Writing Pod 4 is pretty much the bomb-dig. (I said the word "Bomb" (twice) I bet President Bush will look at your blog now too! ) Gosh, you're so popular!

PPPS: I like that we both know the importance of a good breakfast in a bag. We know what's up.