Sunday, April 29, 2007

My experience in UW

So this semester in UW was way better than I expected since I had heard horror stories from friends about their UWs (don't worry, they weren't in your class). I genuinely had a good time. I learned a lot about structure as well as read a lot of really interesting texts. I liked that UW was not a conventional writing class, in that we got to do fun things like make blogs and powerpoints and talk to Stephanie Klein on aim. It was a little scary to find a topic to write about when there weren't really any rules, but I'm really happy with what I ended up writing about and the way we wrote our papers was really helpful. I never had to spend an enormous chunk of time working on my paper, which alleviated a lot of the stress. How the paper is broken down was really helpful for me.

One of my favorite things about our class is the dynamic in the class. Everyone was fun and nice and I think we all got along really well, so that added a lot to the class. You made it really fun too since you're young and fun and class was only super serious when it had to be. Most of the texts we read were really interesting, and my apprehension about taking a 'women's autobiography' class turned out to be unfounded. My only suggestion would be to do a little more grammar, because I'm a nerd and like it. Other than talking about fanboys, we really didn't do too much. I don't think the class needs a lot more, but a little bit more would be beneficial. UW was probably my favorite class this semester. So I hope this is helpful!

See you tomorrow!

Lindsay

I just realized that this entire entry was addressed to you, but I figure that's ok since I can't imagine anyone else actually reads this.

1 comment:

caroline said...

Nice post. Thanks for your enthusiasm this semester as well (and thanks to you and Kat I tried Grey's again, and I am addicted). You completed all the blog posts (only one was a little late), so you received an A on this assignment. Good work. Have a great summer!